Come Grow With Us! These are exciting times in White City and our town is looking for motivated community-oriented folks like you to work hard (and have a great time) growing with us! We offer an attractive compensation package and a fun, supportive team that makes working here seem a lot less like work. (And, we might be biased, but there’s no better place to call home!) If you want to thrive in a thriving community, White City wants you!
Employment opportunities will be listed on this page as they are available, please keep checking back for new opportunities.
The Town is hiring two Program Leaders. This positions plans, leads, instructs, and evaluates diverse and inclusive sport, culture and recreation activities for children and youth ages 10 – 14 years of age. Additionally, program plans, weekly activity schedules, and attendance reports are required.
This position reports directly to the Manager of Parks, Recreation, & Culture but is also supervised by the Parks & Recreation Coordinator.
- Supervise the activities at the White City Community Centre. Program is to ensure the care, safety, and security of employees and participants.
- Plan, lead, instruct, and evaluate diverse and inclusive sport, culture and recreation activities for children and youth. Specifically, 10- 14 years of age.
- Communicate with parents/caregivers of the participant as needed.
- Maintain an accurate logbook including all incident reports, participant medical information, and participant code of conduct warnings.
- Use appropriate behavior modification techniques when supervising participants.
- Work cooperatively with other program partners and volunteers.
- Ensure all Town of White City policies and practices are adhered to.
- Work cooperatively with the other Program Leader to plan, lead, instruct and evaluate the program
- Provide program evaluation reports to the Manager of Parks, Recreation and Culture.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Self-starter and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision Ability to plan, organize, schedule, instruct and evaluate program activities
- A proactive team member that contributes to a positive work environment
- Exercise initiative and good judgment when completing work assignments. Proven customer service skills
- Ability to be a positive role model for children & youth
- Be dependable and reliable
- Must have the means to travel
- Canadian Red Cross Standard First Aid & CPR Level ‘C’ or St. John Ambulance Standard First Aid & CPR Level ‘C’
- Preference will be given to those candidates who have successfully completed at leastone (1) year post- secondary education in Kinesiology, Education, or a related discipline from a recognized post- secondary institution.
Salary: $15.40/hour with some flexibility based on experience
Vacation earned: 3/52 times earning paid on every cheque
Payment through electronic deposit every 2 weeks
Overtime: 1.5 times wage when worked
Program runs October 26, 2022, to December 7, 2022, every Wednesday evening. Applicants must be available during this period. Program hours are 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm but program leaders’ hours will be 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm.
A planning day for three hours will happen prior to the program start date based on leaders’ availability.
Dependent on success of the program we may continue in new year with another 6 weeks – so possible extension might be available.
Qualified applicants should apply to Manager of Parks, Recreation, and Culture via e-mail to: email@example.com.
The deadline to apply is October 19, 2022, at 5:00 pm. Please reference the job title in the email subject line and application.